Amongst the Chaos


I feel like a lot of my daily focus is split between busy work...  laundry, dishes, cleaning, working, feeding children, etc.  I am in a constant state of motion, until I hear a little giggle.  It’s then, when I look up and see my daughter making faces at herself in the mirror, that my mom-mode stops and I relish and beam with happiness at her silliness.  It makes me stop and ask myself, “What is really important at this exact moment?  Getting the entire house clean or spending a few moments laughing with my daughter as she contorts her facial muscles into hilarious expressions?”

Rule #2… Focus.  Don’t try to capture everything at once. Choose one main subject, person, or event for your photograph. 

Take a moment to think about what it is that you want to achieve with your photograph.  What is important to capture from that camping trip, that birthday party, that trip to the State Fair?  Do you want to see all the Midway games?  Or would you like to see the expression of your child’s face after getting off of the carousel?

By focusing on one subject and filling the frame, you will be able to really see the detail of the day and feel the emotion it evoked. 

~sarah

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP