How does your garden grow?

I have wanted to have a big garden to grow my own fruits and vegetables as long as I can remember. Everything smells, feels, and tastes better when it is fresh from the garden. When we moved into our new house we finally had backyard room enough for a nice sized plot and my father offered to get one set up for us. "Okay", I said, "but don't go crazy with planting because I'm not going to be able to take care of it this year (with 2.5 year old twins, a newborn, and a small business to take care of)."

Well... he went crazy. He can't help himself. He's a farm boy at heart. He loves digging in the dirt and planting seeds (not too keen on weeding though...). Anyway, he vowed to take care of everything he planted and he has, so far, made good on his promise. We have zucchini and cucumbers coming out of our ears, radishes and green onions in abundance, potatoes and tomatoes well on their way, and squash and melons coming soon.

I love this season, food-wise. Everything is so fresh and beautiful that I decided food photography would be a perfect Inspiration session for July. I really don't have a lot of experience photographing food (outside of shooting photos of tea for TeaSource) and I've been wanting some nice images of food for the walls in my kitchen, so I went for it. It was a fun, refreshing, and delicious change of pace. :)

Enjoy the season of abundance!
Gretchen






Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP