Day at the Park


A couple of weeks ago, I took the girls to the park.  It was a lovely spring day and I happened to have my camera with me.  I figured it would be a good time to practice all that I have been learning.   

Here is what I learned that day:
1. Kids move.  Fast.
2. Noon-time sun is not so flattering in photographs.  Clouds were a welcome relief.
3. Playgrounds force you to photograph from different perspectives.

And finally, I need to practice MORE!  Camera settings have not become second nature to me yet.  Right now, I have to think too much about where my ISO, shutter speed and aperture need to be at and end up missing the shot I was hoping to get.  I know that this will all come with time and more practice.  

I’ve been spending a lot of time shooting on Program mode (the P option on your camera dial) until I get the hang of recognizing the proper ISO setting for a given environment.  However, after this day at the park, I may try shooting in the shutter speed priority mode (the S option on your camera) when trying to photograph my girls! 

Hey  - have you been practicing too??  We’d love to see your photos!  Post them to our facebook page and feel free to ask us any questions.  We love helping other parents capture their kids in photos! 

Have a great weekend!

~sarah






Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP