Home Sweet Home


I grew up in Duluth.  Although I now live in Minneapolis, I need to make the trek north on a regular basis.  I need to breathe the fresh air.  I need to feel the breeze off of Lake Superior.  I need to see the waves crashing against the rocks.  I need to hear the cry of the seagulls.  Duluth is home.  It grounds me.  It centers me.  

I feel so at ease, so comforted and at peace when I am on the shores of Lake Superior.  It is my spiritual retreat, my therapy.  

My most recent trip was spectacular.  I camped in Moose Lake with a friend and ventured into Duluth to visit my family and, of course, Lake Superior.  The weather couldn’t have been more perfect and the skies couldn’t have been bluer.  

Seriously, if you have never been to Duluth, set aside a weekend this summer to make the short trip north.  Duluth has so many great things to offer for any kind of traveler… family, foodie, dog-lover, adventurer, etc.  It’s really a great get-away-for-the-weekend destination. 

~sarah








Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP