Michele

It's not too often in life that you find someone that loves and accepts you for exactly who you are, the good and the bad.   Someone you can be yourself around, and they around you.  Michele and I have that unique friendship and I treasure it.  She gets me.  I get her.

Michele and I worked together many years ago and right from the start we hit it off.  Since then, she's moved, I had a baby, she moved again, I had another baby.  And yet, our friendship has never faltered, in fact, it has only gotten better.

This woman is strong, yet kind.  Brash, but considerate.  And though she may act tough, she wears her heart on her sleeve.   She is honest and loyal and thoughtful.

I love who I am when I am with her and who we are when we are together.  We can be really serious and have some good, deep conversations or we can be total goof-balls acting like children at the Mall of America.  

She reminds me what is important, when to have fun, how to relax and who I should turn to when I need help.  

It didn't take long for her to be a part of my family.  She always makes me feel welcome, loved and comfortable.  When she is around, it feels like being at home. 

Now living in California, Michele spends her time cooking, working with a few web design clients, and catching all the latest movies.  And, when she has time, she tries to come to Minnesota.

There is always too much time between visits, but we always seem to pick up right where we left off.  Thank goodness for cell phones, Skype, email and Facebook!  If it weren't for these great technologies, we would be keeping up our friendship by snail mail and VERY expensive long-distance phone bills! 

Michele's recently discovered a new passion--performing improv comedy in the Bay Area.  On her most recent trip to Minneapolis, she asked if Wink could take some headshots.  Of course, we were delighted.   We played in the studio, trekked around our building and even trespassed onto the nearby train tracks (sssshhh!  don't tell anyone!).  We had so much fun photographing Michele.

I am very happy and proud of Michele and this new adventure she is taking.  It has been such a joy to watch her let go of her inhibitions, take a risk and give improv comedy and acting a shot.  It's not an easy thing to do, but she does it, and she does it well.

~sarah




(Love ya, M!)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP